Our Top #NationalBreakfastWeek Recipes
So this week has been #NationalBreakfastWeek & we thought what better time to pull together all of our breakfast recipes into one epic list. With our good friend Keith Goddard we’ve created some of the most spectacular early morning meals you’re ever likely to see 🙂 So without further delay check out these mouth watering recipes for yourself 🙂
1) Sugarfree Oat Cookie ‘Sandwich’:
Using chocolate Wheyhey, this easy-to-create recipe involves making sugar-free oat cookies the night before, smoothing chocolate flavoured Wheyhey ice cream in between two cookies, for the ideal on-the-go breakfast.
Difficulty Level 3
* 50g Oats
* 125g Butter
* 3 Egg Yolks
* 1 Tablespoon of Honey
* A pinch of Salt
* 125g Flour
* 5g Baking Powder
* 50g Ground Almonds
* 50ml Water
* Chocolate Wheyhey
Creating the Oat Cookies
Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan/Gas Mark 4.
Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
Using a dessert spoon, scoop 1 spoon of mixture onto a lined baking tray, leaving good space between each spoonful.
Bake for 10-15 minutes and leave to cool.
2) Dehydrated Strawberry and Sugar-free Granola
Using strawberry flavoured Wheyhey ice cream to create this sugar-free layered breakfast featuring granola and fruit.
Difficulty Level 2
* 640ml Yoghurt
* 1 tbsp vegetable oil
* 2 tbsp honey
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 300g rolled oats
* 50g sunflower seeds
* 4 tbsp sesame seeds
* 50g pumpkin seeds
* 100g flaked almonds
* 100g dehydrated strawberries
* 560ml Strawberry Wheyhey
1. Heat oven to 150°C/fan 130°C/gas mark 2
2. To make the granola, mix all the ingredients in a bowl except for the strawberries, and combine well.
3. Tip the granola mixture onto two baking sheets and spread evenly. Bake for 15 minutes, then mix in the strawberries and bake for a further 10-15 minutes. Remove from the oven, scrape out onto a flat tray and leave to cool.
4. To serve, place a layer of strawberry Wheyhey ice cream in a glass or bowl and top with the granola. Then add a dollop of yoghurt and a final sprinkle of granola to finish.
5. The remaining granola can be stored in an airtight container for up to one month.
3) Vanilla Affogato and breakfast biscotti
A very simple recipe using the vanilla flavoured Wheyhey with a shot of espresso poured over and served with a biscotti on the side.
Difficulty level 1
One small tub of Wheyhey
One single shot of hot espresso
For the Biscotti
250g plain white flour
250g caster sugar
7 egg whites, beaten
220g shelled pistachio nuts
10ml vanilla extract
To make the biscotti:
1. Heat your oven to 180°C for a non-fan oven (preferable) or to 160°C fan or gas mark 4. Line a baking tray with baking parchment or silicone paper
2. Mix the flour and sugar together in a bowl. Stir in the beaten egg whites, a little at a time, making sure each addition is fully incorporated before adding the next. Continue until you have a firm dough. It may not be necessary to add all of the egg and the dough shouldn’t be at all sticky.
3. Roughly chop the pistachios and hazelnuts and add them to the biscotti dough. Mix these ingredients into the dough with your hands until they are evenly incorporated.
4. Once you have added your flavourings, turn the biscotti dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently, then divide in half.
5. Roll each piece of dough into a long log, about 4cm in diameter. Place both logs on your lined baking tray, spacing them at least 5cm apart as the mixture will spread a bit. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
6. Leave the logs to cool on the tray for 10 minutes to allow the dough to firm up slightly, then transfer to a board. Cut the logs, on the diagonal, into 2-3cm thick slices.
7. Place the slices, cut side up, on the baking tray. Return to the oven for 20-30 minutes, or until the biscotti are dry through to the centre, turning them over halfway through. Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely. These biscotti keep well in an airtight container for 2 weeks
Place the ice-cream into a large cup
Pour the espresso shot over the ice cream
Dip in the biscotti and enjoy!
4) Banoffee with Caramelised Banana, Peanut Brittle and Milk Foam
Banoffee Wheyhey ice cream served with caramelised bananas, peanut brittle and milk foam.
Difficulty level 4
· 10 x scoops Banoffee Wheyhey
For the caramelised banana:
· 400g Butter
· 400g Honey
· 5 Bananas – sliced in half
· 500ml Milk
· 10g condensed milk
· 20g double cream
For the peanut brittle
· 250g Honey – peanut brittle
· 125g Roasted Peanuts – peanut brittle
For the caramelised banana:
1. Place the honey and butter in a pan and allow them to melt together. Once this mixture is caramelising, add the bananas.
2. Heat the honey in a pan until lightly caramelised – should be a golden brown colour.
For the peanut brittle:
3. Place your roasted nuts on a baking tray and pour the honey over the top.
4. Allow to cool until hard and break up into pieces.
5. Meanwhile, reduce the milk in a pan to 125ml then add the condensed milk.
6. Allow to cool before adding the double cream.
7. Use your cappuccino machine to foam the milk mixture.
8. Place banoffee wheyhey scoops in individual bowls and arrange with all other components and enjoy!
As always big love going out to our entire Wheyhey family & we’d love to see all our your creations so don’t forget to send us a picture to @Wheyheyofficial 🙂