An Eton Clean Mess Wheyhey Style
The sun’s out and this weather is making it all the more tempting for us to tuck into a fruity, ice cream filled desert!
So why not do it the Wheyhey way.. Yes, that’s right, there’s a Clean Eton Mess and it’s on us!
– 200g raspberries
– 200g blueberries
– 400ml/14fl ozgreek yoghurt
– 3 large egg whites
– 175g Xylitol
– 1 scoop of strawberry Wheyhey
1. Heat the oven to 140C (gas mark 1). Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper.
2. Place the egg whites in the bowl of an electric mixer with a whisk attachment. Whisk on a low speed for 1 minute, then increase the speed to medium and whisk for another 2-3 minutes, or until the egg whites form stiff peaks. If you lift the whisk attachment out of the bowl, the mixture should look fluffy and cling to them, while the peaks remain stiff and moist-looking. This will take longer if doing by hand or using a hand held mixer. Then, while continuing to whisk, gradually add the Xylitol a tablespoon at a time, until the mixture is stiff and glossy – this may take 5-10 minutes.
3. Using a large, metal spoon, place freeform shapes on to the prepared baking trays.
4. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the meringues are pale and dry. Turn off the oven and allow the meringues to cool in the oven with the door slightly ajar.
5. Crush the meringues by hand and fold in a bowl with the yoghurt and berries. Leave a few berries for decoration
6. Dollop a scoop of strawberry Wheyhey to top off your pudding and sprinkle the final berries.
Now to grab a spoon and dig in!
Big love from Wheyhey! x