Wheyhey's Gluten Free Salted Caramel Eclairs
When you think of pastries, a classic eclair is something that immediately springs to mind. A soft doughy pastry filled with cream and topped with chocolate sauce. There is a whole lot to love about eclairs and they are an old favourite for many people. They're the delicious treats that are rarely made at home but always seem to make an appearance on the big occasions. The trips to the fancy restaurant, family parties and weddings.
Eclairs are definitely nostalgia boosting and something we would like in our lives a little more. Now with another one of our gluten free recipes we have a healthy alternative to a classic endulgent. We've got a feeling eclairs are going to reappear into our lives in a big way.
Show Stopping Gluten Free Recipes
Being 'gluten free' is another benefit of the delicious treats we create here at Wheyhey. Gluten free brownies, gluten free ice cream. Now we want to create delicious gluten free recipes to go along with them. Eclairs are not something that usually fall into the gluten free category. However, with this recipe you've got a gluten free option that is even better than the real thing. The Wheyhey Sugar Free Salted Caramel centre offers something a little different and provides a protein boost.
Another one of our show stopping gluten free recipes that is sure to impress your guests. Anyway, enough talking. Time to get down to the gluten free goodness. This is Wheyhey's take on an old favourite. We hope you enjoy it.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
What Do I Need?
For the Pastry:
75g Dove Farm Gluten Free Flour
50g Grass Fed Butter (cubed)
2 Eggs (beaten)
1 Tbsp Xylitol
For the Creme:
- A 4-pack of Wheyhey Sugar Free Salted Caramel Ice Cream Minis
For the Chocolate Sauce:
100g 90% Dark Chocolate (chopped)
100ml Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 Tbsp of Xylitol
- Handful of Pistachio Nuts (chopped)
What Do I Do?
- Start off by preparing the gluten free pastry.
- Sift the gluten free flour into a bowl
- Separately, melt the grass-fed butter in a saucepan, add water and bring to the boil.
- Once brought to the boil, remove from heat and pour your melted butter mixture into the flour bowl. Add in your tsp of Xylitol.
- Beat vigorously to form a soft dough using a wooden spoon or electric beaters.
- Beat in the eggs to form a smooth shiny paste.
- Now, your pastry batter should be ready and it's time to bake.
- Oil your baking tray and bring heat to approx 180°.
- Pour approximately six eclairs on your baking tray. Divide evenly, they should be about 6 cm of length but it depends on how you like your eclairs..
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20/25 minutes.
- Once done, cool thoroughly on a wire rack or store in an airtight container until required.
- In the meantime, it's time to gather your ingredients for the chocolate sauce.
- Chop the dark chocolate and place into a microwavable container with the xylitol and almond milk.
- On a low temperature, microwave your chocolate sauce mixture for 2 minutes in order to melt the chocolate.
- Remove from the microwave and stir until smooth.
- To assemble, slice each eclair in half and spoon in some Wheyhey Salted Caramel Sugar Free Ice Cream.
- Drizzle the sauce over Eclairs and serve with chopped pistachios. Enjoy!