Win the morning, win the day.
I don’t think it is too extreme to say that overnight oats have been a revelation. Getting breakfast right is so important to sustaining a healthy lifestyle. But, oftentimes, breakfast is skipped due to morning laziness, putting you on the backfoot for the day. You reach for the sugary snack when you crash mid-morning and again in the afternoon. You might think that laziness is not an issue but we can all be prone to it in the early hours.
Not a Morning Person, Too Tired for Breakfast?
Wheyhey! Overnight Oats are the perfect remedy. In the evening, before your slumber and when you are full of energy, is the time to act. Simply prepare a bowl of oats with cold milk, whey protein, yoghurt and some healthy extras. Leave it in the fridge overnight and you are left with a deliciously healthy morning feast. Then, to top it off, add in a few scoops of sugar free, Wheyhey! protein ice cream. This balanced, ready-to-go protein porridge is packed with protein and slow releasing energy that will keep you going all morning long. The day may as well throw in the towel, you got this one.
Prep Time: < 5 mins.
Set Time: Leave Overnight
What Do I Need?
- ⅓ of a cup of porridge oats
- ⅓ of a cup of skimmed milk/almond milk
- ⅓ of a cup of natural yogurt
- 1 scoop of whey protein powder
- 1 small tub of vanilla Wheyhey! ice-cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp stevia
Healthy Extras (Optional)
- 1 tbsp chopped walnuts
- ½ a banana
- Small handful of mixed berries
- I tbsp of chia seeds
What Do I Do?
- Keep your Wheyhey! protein ice cream in the fridge until morning.
- In the evening, place all of the other ingredients in a bowl and mix together with a dessert spoon.
- Place the bowl in the fridge and leave overnight.
- The next morning, grab your bowl from the fridge and add in a scoop of Wheyhey! protein ice cream. Time to enjoy. Who said mornings weren’t easy?