We love to keep things simple here at Wheyhey!. But, every once a while, we feel the need don our apron and hit the kitchen. This recipe will require a mixing bowl, a doughnut pan, a pretty apron, an application form for the ‘Great British Bake Off’ and a camera. The camera is for obligatory photos of your culinary masterpieces, to be sent to us via Instagram.
“How Do I stay on trend while boosting my protein intake?”
Doughnuts have made an unlikely comeback to the mainstream. A long time favourite of police officers and cartoon characters, now doughnut shops are popping up at every corner. Instead of watching from the sidelines, we decided to join in the fun with our healthy doughnut recipe. These protein snacks are perfect when having coffee at home with friends. Our doughnut recipe allows you to maintain a healthy lifestyle while joining in on the doughnut hype. These healthy desserts needed a protein hit so we topped them off with a few scoops of Wheyhey! sugar free ice cream. The results are incredible, we hope you enjoy it.
Serves: 6 Doughnuts
Prep Time: < 25 mins.
What Do I Need?
- 100g oats
- 40g ground almonds
- 50g peanut protein powder (We used Lean Body for Her peanut protein powder)
- 180g egg whites
- 2–3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Tsp of coconut oil
- 4 squares of chopped up dark chocolate
- Banana slices
- Peanut butter (for drizzling)
- JimJams chocolate and hazelnut spread (for drizzling)
- Wheyhey! chocolate protein ice cream
What Do I Do?
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Grease a 6 hole doughnut pan by dabbing a piece of kitchen paper with a tsp of coconut oil.
- Add the oats, ground almonds, peanut protein powder and baking powder in a mixing bowl and stir together.
- Add in the egg whites and maple syrup. Stir until smooth.
- Finally, stir in the finely chopped, chocolate pieces.
- Spoon the mixture into the doughnut pan.
- Bake in the oven for between 8–10 minutes, until the doughnuts are cooked through and are beginning to turn golden.
- Pop on a plate and top with a generous scoop of Wheyhey! protein ice cream.
- Add some chopped up banana, drizzle a peanut butter of choice and JimJam’s low sugar chocolate and hazelnut spread.
- Enjoy the delicious fruits of your labour!