Today is one of our favourite days, it is National Peanut Butter Day! An ingredient, a Wheyhey lover knows too well, that goes perfectly with our ice cream.
In order to celebrate this tasty day we’ve got a great clean eating cookie ice cream sandwich recipe.
So go nuts, quite literally, and make yourself a batch
1 280g jar of Natural peanut butter
3 tbs natural sweetener (or more depending on taste)
1 tbs of Vanilla Essence
Any flavor Wheyhey ice cream
- Preheat oven to 175 C.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl, it might look too runny but if you keep mixing you will get a cookie dough consistency.
- Get some cookie dough into your hands and roll into a ball. Repeat this until all dough is rolled up.
- Place the rolled balls on parchment paper or a non stick cookie pan.
- With a fork press down slightly on the cookie ball horizontally and vertically to create a flatter shape.
- Place in the oven for 12 – 14 minutes depending on size.
- When finished take them out and let them cool on a wire rack.
- Get a spoonful of Wheyhey ice cream and place it on a cookie, sandwich it with another cookie on top.
- You can also package them in some cling film and store in a freezer if you want them at a later stage.