It’s been a couple weeks of amazing weather, & we’ve been having a think on what are the best wheys to stay cool & #BeatTheHeat. So when our good friend Jess Du Jour sent us this ice cream sandwich, we may have all got a little too excited
We all love a good ice cream sandwich here at Wheyhey HQ & safe to say this one may be one of the greatest yet, especially with the inclusion of the delicious Nuts’N’More. Anyway without further delay here is the recipe that you’ve all been wheyting for
Ingredients for cookies:
100g chopped dates
30g walnut pieces
40g protein powder
4 tbsp desiccated coconut
2 tbsp coconut flour
1 tbsp nut butter (I used Nuts’N’More)
1 tbsp cinnamon
Nuts’N’More Nut Butter
Other Ideas Are: Nuts, Berries, Seeds, Granola, Yoghurt, Jam, Sprinkles etc.
1. Soak chopped dates in boiling water for 20 minutes.
2. Keep 2 tbsps of desiccated coconut separate, and mix all remaining
ingredients together in blender, scraping down sides.
3. Using your hands, mould into cookie shapes (this recipe makes 8-10).
4. Put the remaining 2 tbsps of desiccated coconut on a plate, and gently roll the
cookie shapes through, covering all sides.
5. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and leave in the freezer
for minimum one hour before building the sandwiches!
6. Prepare fillings; let Wheyhey soften out of the freezer for five minutes before
building. I used 2 tsps of Wheyhey, and 1 tsp of nut butter per sandwich. Place
one filling on each cookie, and then press together.