We’ve been creating a storm in the Wheyhey kitchen, to give you this Almond & Coconut Homemade Granola Mix that goes perfectly with a Wheyhey.
We’ve gone for a Strawberry ice cream this week, but the choice is yours, each flavour adds that extra special something!
1 ½ cups of organic rolled oats
½ chopped almonds (you can choose any nuts you like)
1 cup desiccated coconut
¼ cup coconut oil
3 tbsp crunchy almond butter (you can chose any)
2 tbsp natural xylitol
½ tsp sea sealt
Add whatever you fancy!
We went pretty overboard with strawberries, raspberries, bananas, apple, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, pecans and brazil nuts.
1. Preheat the over to 180 degrees C
2. On a low heat, melt together the coconut oil, nut butter, xylitol and salt in a saucepan until liquid
3. In a separate bowl, combine the oats, almonds and desiccated coconut. Add this into the saucepan and stir until the mixture is fully coated and remove from the heat.
4. Pour the entire mixture evenly into a baking tray, making sure no parts are piled up
5. Bake for 7-8minutes, turning the mixture every couple of minutes to ensure all the granola crisps up
6. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 1 hour
Simply pour the desired amount of granola into a bowl, grab a Wheyhey, any additional toppings and tuck in!
There will be granola spare, so keep it in an air tight container. It will stay fresh for a few weeks, but if you’re like us, it will be devoured in a few days
Big love from all the Wheyhey team! x