These little Strawberry and Banoffee chocolates, courtesy of our Wheyhey Chef, Heather, will certainly make your day, so get mixing!
They are the ultimate indulgence. The combination of bitter dark chocolate and Wheyhey ice cream makes them rich and satisfying without any of the guilt that comes with filling your face with box of Quality Street.
You can either keep them simple by using just some delicious Wheyhey or you can pimp them up with your favourite flavours. If you follow me on social media you will be well aware of my nut butter addiction, so I made some ice cream and peanut butter filled wheyhey chocolates too.
- 100g Dark Chocolate (I like to use 75% or higher)
- 150ml tub of Wheyhey Strawberry
- 150ml tub of Wheyhey Banoffee or Vanilla
- 1 tablespoon nutsnmore (I used toffee)
1 x silicone chocolate mould
1) Remove your Wheyhey from the freezer to soften slightly.
2) Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot water.
3) Once melted, fill the chocolate mould 1/3 of the way up and tip the mould so the chocolate coats the sides fully. Pop in the freezer for 5 minutes to harden.
4) For the plain chocolates – spoon in the ice cream until it is 3/4 full leaving a small gap at the top to cover with chocolate.
6) For the peanut butter chocolates – spoon in a small amount of PB until it’s 1/4 of the way up the mould. Spread it out and top with ice cream until it’s 3/4 of the way up the mould, leaving a small gap at the top to cover with chocolate.
7) Cover with remaining chocolate until the mould is full.
8) Place back in the freezer for at least 1 hour before removing from the mould.