Wheyhey! Ice cream sandwiches
It may be #monday but to keep you going, check out these OUTRAGEOUS @wheyheyofficial ice cream sandwiches made by @thelawfoodie!!! These are far too delicious not to share, so the recipe is just below for you all ? Enjoy!!!
WHEYHEY ICE CREAM SANDWICHES
Serves 1 For the Peanut cookies
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1/3roughly chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup of Peanut Butter
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1/4 agave
- 1 tsp baking powder
- salt 1tsp
- 1 small bar of white chocolate (I used a free from bar)
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
For the Ice cream Wheyhey Icecream – Vanilla.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Add all the ingredients, except for the almonds, in a food processor and mix together until smooth. Scrape the sides to ensure all of the mixture has been combined.
- Stir in the chopped almonds.
- With wet hands, form into large balls. Place onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and press down on the balls to flatten into large circles.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden. The cookies will still be very soft when you take them out of the oven. Leave them to cool and they will firm up slightly.
- Cut the Wheyhey ice cream tub into sections.
- Once the cookies are firm, put the ice cream section onto one cookie, then add another cookie on top to sandwich the ice cream, then place in the freezer to set.
- Leave in the freezer until you want to eat them.
- Place a heat proof dish over a pan filled with water. Simmer on a low heat and add your white chocolate bar and 1 tbsp of coconut oil. Keep stirring until completely melted.
- Spoon over the mixture onto the cookies and place in the freezer to set.